An accident occurred and all the integrated circuits escaped…
They even crawled up the curtains…
But now I got them all again and even found the two parts I was looking for from the beginning of the catastrophe 😉
Take a look.
The first few steps are done now. It already registers as a serial interface over usb. And I can get the inputs back I write into /dev/ttyACM0, when I shorten the jumper between RXD and TXD…
I already did flash the Arduino firmware…
I’ll continue my work next week, as soon as my fellow, who has my soldering iron in his room is done with this social crap, called “Poly ball preparation”…
As some of you perhaps already have remarked: I have replaced the ATiny2313 by an ATiny85.
As soon as everything works, and all dimensions for resistors and capacities are evaluated and corrected, I’ll make a new schematic and also a PCB and upload it.
Thats the schematics, I’ve drawn for a very simple RepRap motherboard.
I’ll try to solder the usb part together soon, so that I can try some software modifications…
Take a look at: http://ftp.o2s.ch/masterboard_all.pdf
Well. Right now, the schematics are done for the first prototype of the master board for the RepRap.
I made it with KiCad and you can find the updated version under: http://ftp.o2s.ch/masterboard.zip
I’ll now have to check, which format the SMD parts have, that I can buy in the students electronic shop, called “Bastli” (http://www.bastli.ethz.ch/)
Translated it means something like “Tinkery” ^^
Then layout follows soon, so that everyone out there can make a full featured small sized RepRap controller board
with some acid and a single layer copper board.
News and images will follow soon. ^.^
PS: Please write feedback, if you find an error in my schematics.
I’ve now evaluated the common controller units for the RepRap.
They are (in my opinion) not optimal and too expensive.
I’m now developing my own, simpler board, with really everything on it.
If you are interested, take a look:
(I’m using KiCad!)
I’m writing this entry right now with blogilo.
Seems a nice tool 🙂
Today I bought the motors for MiniMendel.
Lets see, if they work as hoped 😀
Today I found the following circuit under http://www.recursion.jp/avrcdc/cdc-232.html#schematic
It might replace the FTDI-breakout cable for future versions and make the whole electronics stuff again much cheaper!