Thats the schematics, I've drawn for a very simple RepRap motherboard.
I'll try to solder the usb part together soon, so that I can try some software modifications...
Take a look at: http://ftp.o2s.ch/masterboard_all.pdf
Well. Right now, the schematics are done for the first prototype of the master board for the RepRap.
I made it with KiCad and you can find the updated version under: http://ftp.o2s.ch/masterboard.zip
I'll now have to check, which format the SMD parts have, that I can buy in the students electronic shop, called "Bastli" (http://www.bastli.ethz.ch/)
Translated it means something like "Tinkery" ^^
Then layout follows soon, so that everyone out there can make a full featured small sized RepRap controller board
with some acid and a single layer copper board.
News and images will follow soon. ^.^
PS: Please write feedback, if you find an error in my schematics.
I've now evaluated the common controller units for the RepRap.
They are (in my opinion) not optimal and too expensive.
I'm now developing my own, simpler board, with really everything on it.
If you are interested, take a look:
(I'm using KiCad!)
I'm writing this entry right now with blogilo.
Seems a nice tool 🙂
Today I bought the motors for MiniMendel.
Lets see, if they work as hoped 😀
Today I found the following circuit under http://www.recursion.jp/avrcdc/cdc-232.html#schematic
It might replace the FTDI-breakout cable for future versions and make the whole electronics stuff again much cheaper!
Sadly today the acid was too weak, because it was already used a lot, before I came to make my PCB.
So I've got only one board (All-In-One-board).
Additionally they did not have the Atmega-644p in DIP shell, so I've sent a comrade to buy it tomorrow...
Hopefully I can finish the controller board until this weekend, so that we can at least make test with the software.
Perhaps we get finally everything together for the big assembly session this Saturday.
We got the parts for this Extruder already with the MiniMendel parts.
So we will use this one.
I got a Ø0.6mm nozzle.
The heat barrier will be made of epoxy.
Well I found the right metal today. And even a nozzle...
Well AND I found this page...
Seems my university already has a makerbot...
I just was too stupid to find the page >_>
Well... Ours will soon be functional too, I hope...
Anyway... Ours well be bigger, I think. And more precise... Dunno... Lets see ^^